Angband Releases: 2.7.3
This is the first of the 2.7.x releases to survive at all, but sadly not in source code form:
Version 2.7.3 was released on 24th February 1995, and made relatively few changes in an attempt to get closer to a stable, bug-free changes. Despite this aim, there /were/ more behind-the-scenes cleanups and changes, such as the introduction of a fractional speed system whereby actions can take less than a turn.
As such, the intended "stable beta" release was pushed back to 2.7.4.
- A new speed/energy system giving fraction-of-turn speeds.
- Direction (number) keys always treated direction keys, even in roguelike mode.
- Changed "learn spells" to give one at a time to priests
- Changed "drop" into "drop here or nearby"
- Character info now goes name, sex, race, class
- Changed the way "walls" are "illuminated"
- Required the "0" key to induce "repeat command"
- Reduced the effect of "NICE" during autorolling
- New main-ibm.c and main-emx.c were installed
- Made several small changes for "Amiga" compilation
- Dungeon.c/command.c cleaned up (fewer screen flushes)
- Cleaned up the "inventory command" processing
- Told savefile to "repair" items using templates
- Rewrote use of "object_level" (might fix some bugs)
- Did some work on the borg (needs less memory now)
- Fixed visual glitch in beam weapon display
- Free action / one ring bug in k_list.txt fixed
- Fixed cost->weight bug in "special artifacts"
- Fixed "map area" bug involving doors that go nowhere
- Fixed some form of bug involving "msg_flag"
- Fixed the "rating boost" in "place_good()"
- Updated "birth.c" and fixed several bugs
- Fixed "light" bugs in pre-2.7.3 savefiles
[*1]:The changelist has been pieced together from newsgroup postings around the time of release - it is unlikely to be complete and may not be accurate.