Angband Releases: 2.7.6
Version 2.7.6 was released on 24th May 1995, as part of Ben Harrison's continuing attempt to overhaul the game's codebase and fix the bugs introduced as a result. This release fixed various bugs, and added some new features like the "monster health bar".
- Allow more objects to be used from the floor
- Bugfix for a long-standing "invisible monster" bug
- Some similar ego types were separated out into separate "types", with associated code improvement
- Some code optimisations.
- Monster speeds can now be specified fractionally in the monster edit files.
- New options to display labels and weights in the "choices" window
- Options overhauled, not loaded from savefiles from earlier versions
- '=' now works during character creation to set "birth" options
- E'x'amine command added to inspect currently targeted location.
- Solitary street urchins removed to free up index 0 for empty grids.
- '/' command improved
- Some summoning and pit changes
- Killing 30,000 of a given monster in a game stops them from being created again.
- Monster health bar added to display a rough idea of the state of the last monster attacked.
[*1]:The changelist has been pieced together from newsgroup postings around the time of release - it is unlikely to be complete and may not be accurate.