Angband Releases: 3.0.1
Version 3.0.1 was released on 13th July 2002 by Robert Rühlmann. It consisted entirely of bugfixes, improvements in the security of the code, and platform-specific improvements.
- Added support for creating ego-item light-sources in ego_item.txt.
- Added bigscreen support to main-gcu.c. (pelpel)
- Check the panel-bounds more carefully to prevent problems when using a huge main window (higher or wider than the dungeon).
- Added the missing error message for a vault that is too big.
- Applied the bugfixes from the new Lua 4.0.1 release. (Lua devteam)
- Added a boundary check to the macro adding code to prevent crashes when defining more than the maximum number of macros. (Eytan Zweig)
- Fixed various potential buffer overflows.
- Updated the Makefile for the lcc-win32 compiler and added compile instructions to compile.txt.
- Added x-spell.o and use-obj.o to various Makefiles and fixed some missing dependencies. (Hallvard B. Furuseth)
- my_strnicmp() in main-ros.c was quite buggy. (Hallvard B. Furuseth)
- The islower(), isupper(), ... and the tolower() and toupper() functions take an 'int' as the argument but actually expect it to be an 'unsigned char' or EOF. We now cast the argument to 'unsigned char' to prevent breakage with 8-bit character data on hosts where 'char' is signed. (based on the patch by Hallvard B. Furuseth)
- Fixed an off-by-one error when checking if playing Angband is allowed at this time of day. (Hallvard B. Furuseth)
- Fixed the activation of 'The Shield of Deflection of Gil-galad'.
- Show the 'cursed' flag of artifacts in the spoilers. (KUSUNOSE Toru)
- Fixed a bug that allowed changes to the 'birthnostacking' birth- option to affect the current game. (KUSUNOSE Toru)