Angband Releases: PCAngband 1.2
Version 1.2 of PCAngband was released on 20th May 1993. It was one of a series of releases for the PC made by Charles Teague based on his port of Frog-knows, and the first to contain new features and improvements beyond simple bugfixes. All the features added in this release eventually made their way into the "main" game.
- The look command has been improved to give some idea of how hurt a monster is, with five levels ranging from unhurt to almost dead (with equivalents for unliving monsters).
- A rod of Trap Detection has been added to make warriors more playable.
- An autoroller has been added, adapted from another Moria spinoff, Druid Moria.
- High score display colorized to highlight your score.
- You can now write out your character description to a file from the tombstone screen
- Enlightenment potions now provide self-knowledge as well as their other powers.
- Wizard mode characters no longer included in the highscore table.
- Deletion from the highscore table now works properly.
- Summoned group monsters are all lit properly
- No need to use 'g' key to enter a shop
- Quest code fixed so that killing a quest monster (Sauron) out of depth still completes the quest
- No trap doors on (uncompleted) quest levels
- Arkenstone will not be harmed by silver jellys
- Curse Weapon and Curse Armor scrolls fixed